Apply to IDEA for the 2021-2022 School Year
- The MySchoolDC lottery closed February 1. IDEA has received all applications from students and families who selected IDEA in their applications. Our admissions team is in the process of contacting all students who applied to IDEA.
- If you missed the high school lottery application deadline, you can still submit a post-lottery application beginning February 2, 2021. Post-lottery applicants are added to schools’ waitlists below lottery applicants. When you apply, rank IDEA as your #1 choice to be matched with IDEA.
- If you entered the MySchoolDC lottery but did not select IDEA as one of your top schools, you may add IDEA to your application beginning April 2 by clicking on the ADD MORE SCHOOLS icon in your MySchoolDC account.
- Whether you've already applied or are considering applying, you're invited to attend an open house or schedule an individual presentation to learn more about IDEA and hear from IDEA scholars and staff. Please register for an open house here.
- Friday, April 2 | Lottery results announced
- Friday, April 2 | IDEA Open House | Noon-12:45pm
- Monday, April 5 | Enrollment documents can be submitted to IDEA
- Wednesday, April 7 | IDEA Open House | 6pm-6:45pm
- Saturday, April 17 | IDEA Open House | 11am-11:45am
- Monday, May 3 | Deadline to enroll
Because of COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, our enrollment procedures have changed and are subject to further change. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 202.399.4750 if you have questions.
Enrollment at IDEA Begins April 5, 2021
IDEA staff will help you enroll for the 2021-2022 school year. Review and complete all required forms. Submit them to IDEA one of three ways.
- In person | Our building is open for enrollment and re-enrollment! Please visit us at 1027 45th St. NE, in the historic Deanwood neighborhood. Main office hours for enrollment are from 8:30am to 4pm. We are closely observing CDC regulations for COVID-19, so please expect to have your temperature taken and to be asked appropriate screening questions. Masks are required.
- By mail | IDEA will mail a packet of required enrollment forms to all newly matched scholars. Returning (re-enrolling) families who would like a packet mailed should call the school at 202-399-4750 to request one. All mailed enrollment packages will be sent with addressed, stamped return envelopes for documents to be sent back to the school. Original paperwork will be returned by mail upon request.
- Electronically | If completing digital enrollment documents, email all forms and supporting documentation to email@example.com.
NOTE: This year, IDEA’s enrollment form is a Google form. If assistance is needed in completing the form, please call the school at (202) 399-4750.
IDEA Public Charter School is a free, open-enrollment, public high school in the District of Columbia. If the number of applications exceeds the number of spaces available, a lottery is held to determine the order in which students are offered seats. Per the District of Columbia School Reform Act, siblings of current IDEA Public Charter School students receive preference in the lottery should they apply during the open enrollment period. Students applying after the lottery will be added to the wait list on a first-come-first-served basis.