Apply to IDEA for the 2022-2023 School Year
- The MySchoolDC lottery closes February 1, after which IDEA will receive all applications from students and families who selected IDEA in their applications. Our admissions team will contact all students who applied to IDEA.
- If you miss the high school lottery application deadline, you can still submit a post-lottery application beginning February 2, 2022. Post-lottery applicants are added to schools’ waitlists below lottery applicants. When you apply, rank IDEA as your #1 choice to be matched with IDEA.
- If you entered the MySchoolDC lottery but did not select IDEA as one of your top schools, you may add IDEA to your application beginning April 2 by clicking on the ADD MORE SCHOOLS icon in your MySchoolDC account.
Enrollment at IDEA Will Begin in April 2022.
Because of COVID-19 health and safety guidelines, our enrollment procedures have changed and are subject to further change. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 202.399.4750 if you have questions.
IDEA staff will help you enroll for the 2022-2023 school year. The first step is to review and complete the required required forms.
One the enrollment period begins, you will be able to submit them to IDEA in one of three ways:
- In person | Please call before coming to the school to enroll or re-enroll to ensure we are open. IDEA is located 1027 45th St. NE, in the historic Deanwood neighborhood. Main office hours for enrollment are from 8:30am to 4pm. We are closely observing CDC regulations for COVID-19, so please expect to have your temperature taken and to be asked appropriate screening questions. Masks are required.
- By mail | IDEA will mail a packet of required enrollment forms to all newly matched scholars. Returning (re-enrolling) families who would like a packet mailed should call the school at 202-399-4750 to request one. All mailed enrollment packages will be sent with addressed, stamped return envelopes for documents to be sent back to the school. Original paperwork will be returned by mail upon request.
- Electronically | If completing digital enrollment documents, email all forms and supporting documentation to email@example.com.
NOTE: IDEA’s enrollment form is a Google form. If assistance is needed in completing the form, please call the school at (202) 399-4750.
IDEA Public Charter School is a free, open-enrollment, public high school in the District of Columbia. If the number of applications exceeds the number of spaces available, a lottery is held to determine the order in which students are offered seats. Per the District of Columbia School Reform Act, siblings of current IDEA Public Charter School students receive preference in the lottery should they apply during the open enrollment period. Students applying after the lottery will be added to the wait list on a first-come-first-served basis.