The academic program at IDEA is designed to challenge, motivate, and strengthen the intellect of all of our students, whether they are pursuing paths to college or the workforce. The hands-on education in career and technical education classes, including child care, computer science, and construction technology, stretch students’ minds, and expand their creativity, and prepare them for a variety of career opportunities. IDEA's faculty members are dedicated to giving students the tools they need to succeed, now and in the future.
For the 2020-2021 school year, classroom instructions, academic assignments, communications between teachers and students, and other academic information will take place on Canvas. This platform is new to IDEA for this school year. Scholars will log on to canvas at www.ideapcs.instructure.com
using their IDEA email address and password.
Guiding Five: Instructional Principles
Every faculty member is an important and valued member of the IDEA community. In order to be an effective instructors within the IDEA community, one must consistently embed the following instructional principles within their planning and delivery of the course curriculum:
- We use data to inform our instruction.
- We integrate and apply literacy anchor standards in our curricular planning.
- We incorporate collaborative, critical thinking learning practices in our lessons.
- We give meaningful feedback (verbal & written) to scholars to enhance learning and student achievement.
- We make real world connections by applying cross cutting concepts and cultural themes to lessons in each quarter.