The academic program at IDEA PCS is designed to challenge, motivate, and strengthen the intellect of all of our students, whether they are pursuing paths to college or the workforce. The hands-on education in our Academy of Construction and Design, Child Development program, and TAG Labs computer programming classes stretch students’ minds and expand their creativity. Our career and technical education offerings prepare for a variety of opportunities in engineering, architecture, design, early childhood education, computer programming, and other careers. Our faculty at IDEA PCS are dedicated to giving students the tools they need to succeed, now and in the future.
Guiding Five: Instructional Principles
Every faculty member is an important and valued member of the IDEA community. In order to be an effective instructors within the IDEA community, one must consistently embed the following instructional principles within their planning and delivery of the course curriculum:
- We use data to inform our instruction.
- We integrate and apply literacy anchor standards in our curricular planning.
- We incorporate collaborative, critical thinking learning practices in our lessons.
- We give meaningful feedback (verbal & written) to scholars to enhance learning and student achievement.
- We make real world connections by applying cross cutting concepts and cultural themes to lessons in each quarter.