Eight IDEA scholars chose topics they were passionate about, researched them, and presented claims and counterclaims to an enthusiastic audience at the January 11, 2019 One World Education presentation. Scholars and their subjects included:
- Gary Graham--student loans and repayment
- Mekhi McKinney--historically Black colleges and universities
- Dezaray Walters--racial equality and employment
- Cara Flythe--Black women's hair
- Jeremiah Holmes--the case for a free college education
- Ceon Dubois Palmore--single-parent households
- La'hyniah Phillips--racial disparty in incarceration rates
- Kajah Watkins--first-generation college students
IDEA staff members also participated in the event, including Adrianna Cofield reading her work, "I Resign," and Morrell Miles reading his piece, "Black World."
Congratulations to all of our scholars on their hard work!