IDEA Public Charter School

Skip to main content
1027 45th St. NE, Washington, DC 20019 Phone: (202) 399-4750
Please Create A Marquee

Academic and Career Readiness

Messages from Principal McCrae and Dr. Artis

Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year.  I am eager to welcome new and returning scholars to our building. We are excited about our classrooms and halls being filled with your scholar’s energy and enthusiasm around growth and academic success. As an IDEA community, we are committed to preparing scholars with academic, social, leadership, and occupational skills for post-secondary opportunities who contribute to the community. We are looking forward to a great year of growth from your scholar.  
As we prepare for the start of the year, it is with great hopes that scholars begin to activate their minds in their future college and career plans. This year we are heavily focused on ensuring scholars can share their academic interests to support their long-term goals. We will work with every scholar to develop and engage them in conversations around their academic success plans to help with their post-secondary goals.
As always, I welcome your input and suggestions. Please email me at [email protected] or call 202-399-4750. 
Nicole McCrae
As the Director of Career and Technical Education, I will be committed to the high academic achievement and personal success of each scholar through quality instruction, participation in work-based learning experiences, and career and technical education programs.
Research shows that only 15% of one's success is determined by hard skills (technical skills, certificate, or degree). In comparison, the remaining 85% of our scholar's success depends on employability or soft skills (communication, teamwork, work ethic, time management, decision making, critical thinking).
IDEA Public Charter School will provide pathways to give our scholars experiences that will cultivate success in their chosen postsecondary world of college, technical school, and the workforce.  I look forward to working with each of you this year and in the years to come. Together we can continue the many traditions of excellence that IDEA Public Charter School is known for. Please contact me at [email protected] or visit my office if you have any questions. 
Best Regards, 
William G. Artis, Jr.
Director Career and Technical Education