We provide POWERFUL possibilities
IDEA Celebrates Significant Academic Gains
On November 14, 2014, the DC Public Charter School Board released measurements of each school’s progress, and we are proud of IDEA’s substantial accomplishments over the past year.
Highlights of IDEA’s 2013-2014 achievements include:
- Named a Reward school by the DC Office of State Superintendent of Education, a designation given to schools “with the highest overall achievement and growth.” IDEA received Reward status for the second consecutive year for students’ academic growth in the top 5% of all DC schools.
- Overall rating from DC Public Charter School Board on the annual Performance Management Framework increased by 10 percentage points.
- Achievement on the DC-CAS math test increased by 29 percentage points, the greatest student gain of any DC high school in 2013-2014.
- Achievement by seniors on the SAT test improved by 17 percentage points.
- At our current rate of performance, IDEA is positioned to become a Tier I school, the highest classification of DC public charter schools, by 2017.
Click here to download the full report on IDEA from the DC Public Charter School Board.
IDEA PCS provides rigorous academics; innovative technology, architecture, and engineering training; and leadership skills. Students at IDEA enjoy learning with new textbooks, computers, and labs and stay fit and competitive using our new health and wellness center and participating in championship athletics. At IDEA, every student matters. Enroll now!
Blog: Stories from Behind the Shield
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 | From IDEA PCS
Congratulations to our scholars who made the honor roll for the first quarter by earning a GPA of 3.0 or above and for our scholars who had perfect attendance! Keep up the amazing work! First Quarter Honor Roll 9th grade Mercedes B, Simeon C, Lushawna H, Larry H, Aaron P, Lynea S, Eryka W, Destiny READ MORE »
Thursday, November 13, 2014 | From IDEA PCS
IDEA welcomes students and their families to our annual Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday, November 25. Our talented kitchen staff, led by Ms. Wynn, will prepare a traditional Thanksgiving feast. Please RSVP to Ms. Reeves in the front office. Doors will open at 5:30pm and dinner will be served at 6pm. This is also a great READ MORE »
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 | From IDEA PCS
IDEA students will have the opportunity to meet representatives from several colleges and universities and all branches of the US military on Thursday, November 20 from 1-3:30pm in the cafeteria. Admissions officers and recruiters will be on site from: Trinity Washington University Prince George’s Community College Northern Virginia Community College Capitol City College Montgomery College READ MORE »
Saturday, November 8, 2014 | From IDEA PCS
Principle Prep Clubs Provide Teachers and Students with a Chance to Connect and Learn on a New Level
This school year we are working to infuse IDEA’s five guiding principles into everything we do at school. Particularly during our advisory period, scholars focus on our first principle: We are prepared to learn and do our best. Every Friday during advisory we live our fifth principle: We celebrate our individual and collective successes. On READ MORE »
Friday, November 7, 2014 | From IDEA PCS
Seniors Study Connection Between Sustainable Food and Environmental Systems; Freshmen Study Engineering
Seniors recently attended Agroecology Day hosted by the College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability, and Environmental Sciences (CAUSES) of the University of the District of Columbia at Muirkirk Research Farm in Beltsville, Maryland. During the day-long event, students learned about the link between sustainable food and environmental systems. They also engaged in experiential learning by visiting READ MORE »