Community is especially important during this global pandemic that requires social distancing and has made ordinary activities risky or impossible. Even when our building is closed and school is online, IDEA staff is working to care for and sustain our IDEA community in a variety of ways.
- Weekly virtual Town Hall meetings where parents can share their questions, concerns, resources, and celebrations with each other and with the IDEA staff. Town Hall meetings are held every Thursday at 6pm via this zoom link. To review information from previous Town Hall meetings, click here.
- Two IDEA parents--Sheewana Kerns and Charron Myles represent IDEA families on our Board of Trustees, which oversees the work of our school.
- IDEA provides meals and produce to families. During Summer 2020, IDEA staff made weekly trips throughout the District to meet with current and prospective students and families, deliver IDEA swag, and distribute bags of produce to families. Students and families were also invited to pick up school meals at IDEA. Meal distribution will continue throughout the school year. Details are available here.
- We welcome your feedback! Families are invited to submit anonymous questions, concerns, suggestions, or thoughts through Padlet, an online tool that promotes communication.
- To learn more about IDEA's family outreach efforts or to volunteer, contact Outreach Coordinator Taylor Ray at email@example.com or 202.399.4750.