IDEA Public Charter School

Skip to main content
1027 45th St. NE, Washington, DC 20019 Phone: (202) 399-4750
Please Create A Marquee

Required Documents for Enrollment

Required Documents
The enrollment process will not be considered complete for any new scholar until the following documents have been received and reviewed by the enrollment team: academic records, up-to-date health record and immunization records, and, if appropriate, IEPs, BIPs, and 504 plans. To enroll for the 2022-23 school year, your scholar will also need to have a vaccination card showing proof of vaccination.
El proceso de inscripción no se considerará completo para ningún estudiante nuevo hasta que el equipo de inscripción haya recibido y revisado los siguientes documentos: registros académicos, registro de salud actualizado y registros de vacunación y, si corresponde, PEIs, PICs, y plan de 504. Para inscribirse para el año escolar 2022-23, su estudiante también deberá tener una tarjeta válida de vacunación. 
Re-enrolling Scholars
New Scholars

Acceptable Proof of Residency -- any one (1) of the following
  • Pay stub issued within 45 days before submission
  • Supplemental Security Income annual benefits notification
  • Copy of Form D40 certified by the DC Office of Tax and Revenue
  • Military Housing Order
  • Embassy letter
  • Proof that a child is a ward of the District of Columbia, in the form of a Court Order
  • Proof of financial assistance from the DC Government, in the form of
    • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) verification of income notice or recertification approval letter;
    • Medicaid approval letter or recertification letter
    • Housing assistance letter from a housing shelter, including contact name and phone number or a letter from the Housing Authority
    • Proof of receipt of financial assistance from another DC Government program.

If none of the above items are available to verify residency, two of the following items are required:
  • Unexpired DC motor vehicle registration
  • Unexpired DC motor vehicle operator's permit or other official non-driver identification
  • Unexpired lease or rental agreement with a receipt showing payment within the previous two months
  • One utility bill (only gas, electric, and water bills acceptable) with a receipt showing payment within the previous two months

Additional Forms That May Be Required


Need Assistance?
If you have questions or concerns, please contact [email protected]