The academic program at IDEA PCS is designed to challenge, motivate, and strengthen the intellect of all of our students, whether they are pursuing paths to college, the workforce, or the military. We believe that a well-rounded student is a better student, and that the foundations for success taught in our JROTC program benefit every student both in and outside the classroom. The hands-on education in our technology labs, using state-of-the art equipment, not only stretches students’ minds and expands their creativity, but also helps them prepare for a variety of opportunities in engineering, architecture, design, and other careers. Our faculty at IDEA PCS are dedicated to giving students the tools they need to succeed, now and in the future.
Guiding Five: Instructional Principles
Every faculty member is an important and valued member of the IDEA community. In order to be an effective instructors within the IDEA community, one must consistently embed the following instructional principles within their planning and delivery of the course curriculum:
- We use data to inform our instruction.
- We integrate and apply literacy anchor standards in our curricular planning.
- We incorporate collaborative, critical thinking learning practices in our lessons.
- We give meaningful feedback (verbal & written) to scholars to enhance learning and student achievement.
- We make real world connections by applying cross cutting concepts and cultural themes to lessons in each quarter.