Admissions for 2013-2014
If you have questions about admissions that are not answered on this page, please call the IDEA office at 202-399-4750, ext. 100.
If parents do not have access to email at home, they are welcome to come to IDEA and use the parent computer lab. IDEA staff will be happy to help parents enter their information. Just ask.
If you have already completed the application page and RECEIVED A SNAPCODE FROM IDEA, please click here to COMPLETE the enrollment process.
- Parents complete the online admissions form to begin the enrollment process.
- Once they have submitted the google doc, IDEA reviews all submissions to make sure they are complete. If applications are not complete, IDEA will contact parents to find out any missing information.
- Once all applicant information is complete and accurate and in the IDEA system, parents will receive, via email, a code for and link to the INFOSNAP system, which is the program IDEA uses to manage student enrollment.
- Parents must visit the page, enter their code, and complete the form.
- Parents must submit the INFOSNAP form, along with proof of DC residency.
- Once IDEA has reviewed the student’s INFOSNAP form and proof of DC residency, and ensured the form is complete, the parent will receive a notification, by email, that the student is enrolled at IDEA for the 2013-2014 school year.
Because critical communication is done via email, it is very important that parents notify IDEA whenever they have a new email address, or a mailing address or phone number. If we are trying to contact you during the enrollment process and we are unable to because we don’t have your current information, your child may miss the opportunity to be enrolled and guaranteed a spot.
Please call 202-399-4750 if you have questions.
IDEA PCS has set the following criteria for admission:
- Student and parent/guardian must live in the District of Columbia and provide specific documents to verify guardianship and residency.
- Student must be entering the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade with requisite credits under the Promotion Policy outlined in IDEA Student & Family Handbook.
- Student must have completed the 8th grade with a final report card indicating promotion.
- Student must submit a completed application for admission. We do not accept applications from students who are 18 or older.
- For a student new to IDEA to be eligible for the 9th grade, s/he must be 15 or younger by September 1, 2013.
- For a student new to IDEA to be eligible for the 10th grade, s/he must be 16 or younger by September 1, 2013.
- For a student new to IDEA to be eligible for the 11th grade, s/he must be 17 or younger by September 1, 2013.
Statement of Non-discriminiation
IDEA PCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
IDEA Public Charter High School
1027 45th Street, NE
Washington, DC 20019