Mark your calendar now with these key 2016 application deadlines for the 2016-2017 school year!
1/21 January open houses (9am & 6pm)
2/1 Lottery deadline for high school (9th – 12th)
2/2 Post-lottery period begins for high school (9th-12th non-lottery participants only)
3/14 Preference verification completed and available seats submitted
4/1 Lottery results released for all grades
4/14 April open houses (9am & 6pm)
4/16 Enrollment fair (10am-2pm)
5/2 Lottery offer acceptance deadline for all grades
5/5 May open houses (9am & 6pm)
5/14 Re-enrollment fair (10am-2pm)
How to Enroll
Once your child has been accepted at IDEA, you must submit the following documents to secure your child’s spot. The enrollment packet consists of the following documents. Please have all documents ready at the time of enrollment.
- My School DC Enrollment Form
- Proof of DC Residency (please see the form for acceptable proofs of residency)
- Child’s full-sized original birth certificate
- Government-issued identification of parent or legal guardian
- Child’s report cards
- Child’s transcript, if enrolling for 10th, 11th, or 12th grades
- IEP or 504 plan, if applicable
- Proof of legal guardianship, if applicable
The following documents are needed prior to the child’s first day of school in August/September:
- DC Child Physical Health Certificate
- DC Oral Health Certificate, including all relevant immunizations
Please contact IDEA at 202-399-4750 x100 or the My School DC hotline at 202-888-6336.
IDEA PCS has set the following criteria for admission:
- Student and parent/guardian must live in the District of Columbia and provide specific documents to verify guardianship and residency.
- Student must be entering the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade with requisite credits under the Promotion Policy outlined in IDEA Student & Family Handbook.
- Student must have completed the 8th grade with a final report card indicating promotion. Students who successfully completed high school credit classes with grades C or above, such as Algebra 1 or Geometry, in middle school, must provide a transcript including course description adhering to Common Core standards.
- Student must submit a completed application for admission.